As a hoarder, I am always trying to think up cute storage ideas. Anything to add a little organisation to my cluttered life. Today I thought I'd share one of these ideas, one which involves my trusty polaroid camera.
It's super simple, and all about showcasing what's in the box in a quirky way. So follow along with these steps and make your own polaroid storage box.
What you'll need:
- Polaroid camera and film
- Acrylic paint
- Paint the shoebox a colour of your choice. I chose a bronze since I had the paint left over from my Pin Board Canvas DIY.
- As the paint dries, lay out what you intend to keep in the box. In this case, I was making a box to store my old magazine scraps, so I placed a few of the issues down in an aesthetically pleasing way.
- Use your polaroid camera to take a picture of what will be inside the box. I recommend a flat lay style image, which means taking the photo at a perpendicular angle, directly above the items you've laid out.
- Label the box by writing what it holds on the bottom of the polaroid.
- Once the paint has dried, glue your polaroid onto the shoebox.
Aaaand... You're done. A simple DIY, but a fun one that you can easily adjust to suit your own tastes and creative spark.
Oh, and I videoed the process too! Check out the video to see the steps in action.
So yeah, I have a YouTube channel now. I've been uploading on it for a while but this is the first time I've mentioned it on my blog. Subscribe to me, if YouTube's your kinda thing!