Sunday, 17 January 2016

Dining Dublin #2: Foam Café

Dining Dublin: A blog series documenting the quirky, trendy and fancy places to grab a bite in Dublin. This time 'round I get a fantastical feast for the eyes at Foam. More from the series here.

If you think it's foolish to go to a restaurant just for the decor, you've clearly never set foot in Foam Café. It's an Instagrammer's heaven with its wall-to-wall kitsch and ceiling-to-floor colour and contrast. It would make for quite the intense game of eye-spy.

I spy something beginning with 'D'.
Duck fairy lights! Day of the Dead skull! Deer head!

You get the picture: there's a heck of a lot going on. Yes, it's garish. No, you shouldn't decorate your dining room in the same way. But maybe you should open your mind to clutter and spend a while admiring Foam's insane walls with a cup of tea and a cake.

Here I am, imploring you to visit, and I've yet to mention the food! I've been there several times, but as you can tell by now it's a favourite spot because of the decor rather than the menu! Having said that, the food on offer is pretty tasty.

On my most recent visit, I ordered a green tea and a barbecue-base bacon and chicken pizza. Yep, green tea and pizza. It's an unusual combination, but surrounded by the bizarre, mismatched decor it seemed to make perfect sense.

The pizza's a good choice if you're particularly hungry, but if you're looking for something lighter I can vouch for the 'Pine Forest' omlette or prawn and mango salad. In fact, I love the salad so much that I made my own version here!

If you hadn't already guessed, that Christmas tree is up all year 'round. Such is the randomness of the place.

Pop into Foam for a bite to eat amongst the quirky interior. And don't forget to bring your camera - you're going to want to document this.

Foam Café is open from 11am everyday and is located on Strand Street Great, Dublin City Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment