Monday, 21 December 2015

Irresistible Me Hair Extensions Review: Thoughts of a Hair Extensions Virgin

Ever since a scary salon visit - which turned out to be my best haircut yet: my buzzcut - I've been eager to continue my adventurous streak. So when Irresistible Me contacted me to review their hair extensions I couldn't turn them down. I'd been playing with the idea of hair extensions for a while anyway - the thought of Rapunzel-esque hair is rather tempting.

After a scroll through their website, and a chat with the lovely Madison from the company, I decided to go for the 200g Silky Touch in Platinum Blonde. Don't worry, I wasn't going for a slapped-together ombre effect here - my plan was to dye the extensions to my shade of ginger.

Being a hair extensions newbie, and a bit useless with hair in general, I had no idea what to expect. This didn't stop me from squealing with excitement when I saw that the extensions had arrived. Christmas had came early as I tore off the outer parcel to reveal the sleek black Irresistible Me box. Their branding? Spot on.

In the first few seconds of opening the box I knew they deserved their name, Silky Touch. Running my hands through the hair I noticed that there was a lot of it and that it was all seriously smooth and silky.

Finding the right hair dye was a challenge. Apparently all those dotting grannies were right when they told me never to dye my hair - it would be rather difficult to get it back to the way it was! However with a little experimentation, mixing hair dye and leaving it on for different lengths of time, I finally found a colour that would work. Nice 'n Easy Golden Auburn, in case you're wondering.

With the extensions in the right colour, I was finally ready to try them out. Though I will admit, getting them to work for my hair wasn't easy. My hair is extremely thick and this makes it difficult to make them look anything but stuck on. My normal hair and extensions was just a mess. With straight hair you can clearly see where my hair ends and the extensions begin. Finally, I tried GHD curls. And hooray! Suddenly I had believably longer hair. Ta-da:

What do you think? Personally, I'd recommend these hair extensions for those of you with thin to medium hair. If you have super thick hair like myself you may find it difficult to make it look natural. Having said that, I'll be getting wear out of mine despite my thick hair, since curling the hair is a great way to blend the hair and extensions together to give it that natural look.

Now to put on a sparkly dress, a pair of skyscraper heels, and hit the town with super long hair.

Disclaimer: I will always give my honest opinion on any products or brands featured on Technicolour Dreamer, whether they are sponsored, PR samples, or paid for out of my own pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment