Sunday, 15 November 2015

Dining Dublin #1: Fire Restaurant

Isn't it lovely when a special occasion calls for a fancy evening out? In celebration of my graduation, my family and I dined in Dublin's Fire Restaurant. It first caught my eye when I spotted its gorgeous garden and fountain lit up at night. It's been on my Dublin to do list ever since.

Fire looks seriously swanky from the outside, and inside doesn't disappoint. Its extravagant chandlers and faux fires gave us high expectations for the food.

But before food, let's talk drinks. Considering that this was a celebratory meal, cocktails were in order. I went for the Raspberry and Honey Smash. Sweet and delicious, it's everything you want a cocktail to be. Fresh raspberries lie on the top of the ice and liquid - I must of got one of my five a day from that alone, right?

As for the meal, I went all out with a starter, main and dessert. Fish cakes, steak and a chocolate framboise, to be exact. It was all delicious. I know it sounds like I'm gushing, but I can't really fault it, I'm ridiculously easy to please when it comes to food. And this was good grub!

We went for the pre-theatre menu, so the food was that little bit cheaper. Still fairly expensive, but nothing crazy for City Centre Dublin. All in all, I'd recommend trying out Fire Restaurant if you're in Dublin and you're looking for a sophisticated night out with your family.

As you can see from the title, this is the first of a few restaurant reviews I'll be doing over the next few months. It gives me an excuse to try new places (cough, eat more, ahem) so I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment