Over the summer, I lost the motivation to blog. Far from when I used to bash out numerous posts a week, I was struggling to update my blog fortnightly. But it wasn't blogger's block per say: I wasn't even attempting to write posts. I was just in a serious blogging rut.
Don't get me wrong, I was never going to make a dramatic exit from the blogging scene. Or even shuffle away quietly. I love blogging. I knew it then. I just couldn't remember why exactly. Thus, I was left unfulfilled with my sparse blog and uninspired content.
But I wouldn't let the lull defeat me. I'm here now, aren't I? A number of things that I've done in the last few weeks have rekindled and reminded me of my love of blogging...
How I got out of a blogging rut...
- Reading and commenting on other blogs - The blogs on my Bloglovin' feed are all inspiring in one way or another, whether it's because of creative imagery, engaging writing, or rocking OOTDs. Simply taking the time to catch up on my favourite blogs reminded me of why I love the blogging scene. Plus, posting in the comment section reminded me of the positive blogging community that's out there.
- Limiting the amount of TV I watch after work - Binge watching Pretty Little Liars until the wee hours was zapping my productivity. Why does there have to be so many episodes?
- Creating content offline - It's much less daunting to pick up an pen and paper than to click that bright orange 'new post' button on Blogger's interface. Create first, post online later.
- Clearing out my email - I'd ignored it for far too long. It was time to read old messages (that I should have dealt with ages ago) and delete, delete, delete. It's time for a fresh start and the 1,000 unread emails were making me edgy.
- Asking myself outright: Why do I like to blog? If I were pinpoint one thing I love about blogging: It's taking the photos. I adore photography, and without a good photo series, it's much harder for me to find the motivation to write. So rekindling my passion for blogging is as easy as pressing the shutter of my DSLR.
I'm excited as ever about blogging now. I can't believe I went for months feeling so 'meh' about the whole thing. Blogging is my favourite hobby and I can't wait to get creating with this renewed feeling of excitement!
Have you ever been in a dreaded blogging rut? What rekindles your love for blogging when you feel a bit 'meh' about it all?