Sunday, 2 August 2015

Dreaming of Wearing...

The thing about summer in Ireland is: it's pretty much non-existent. On the rare occasion that I have seen the sun, I've been so focused on catching every last ray that the thought of snapping an outfit pic never entered my mind. And now here I am, in the mood to share a style post, but knowing that a skimpy outfit under the clouds would look rather ridiculous.

Undeterred, I present to you my favourite look this summer. An outfit that I've been able to wear just once so far. At least it's never cloudy in this little land of illustrated models...

I love the 'Stockholm' top that I bagged from Penneys (AKA Primark), but its light fabric and thin straps mean that it can't be worn any time other than the brightest of days. As for the shorts, they started their life as jeans, but I chopped them into something shorter in the hope that they'd be seeing the sun. Considering the dull skies I'm seeing outside my window right now, that was a rather ill-judged move. Maybe August will hold a few sunny days in Ireland? A girl can dream!

I realise I haven't updated my One Happy Change series since March. My masters got in the way (not that that's an excuse!) and I didn't want to create subpar posts in months when I hadn't dedicated myself fully to the change. Thus, there is to be no happy change update for July. That merits a big :(. However, I am making a positive change for August, so be prepared for a :) at the end of this month!

4 comments:

  1. Such a unique way to share in outfit post! Love it!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh loved this post, so difference. Although I had no idea Pennys and Primark were the same haha.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yup, Penneys is what Primark is called in Ireland! :)

      Delete
  3. It's always sunny in my country. We only have two seasons- rainy and sunny. Summer already left but you can still the sun everyday. It rained these past few days thought because of the low pressure but that's just it. On other days it's really hot. Your outfit would be perfect! :)

    xo, J | lapetitefawn.net

    ReplyDelete