Sunday, 5 July 2015

June Favourites

June Favourites - Tangle Teezer, Candles, Travel Clutch

Well, it's a few days into July and I'm about to natter on about what I enjoyed in the month of June. Ah well, in the spirit of 'better late than never' let's roll on with what I was loving in the last month...

Carolyn Donnelly Travel Clutch

I think the Carolyn Donnelly home section of Dunnes Store is the happy place of my materialistic side. Every item there is so my kind of quirky/pretty/cute that I can't help but make a purchase, or add another item to the wishlist when funds are low! Luckily, when I spotted this item I had a bit of spare cash. The oriental look to it was what first captured my attention. Then, I peered inside and to my delight I saw that it had different compartments for all my travel documents. It's the essential travel item that I never knew I needed - but now I couldn't leave the country without it! It was great to be able to hold on to this when walking through the airport, knowing that I'd be able to present my boarding pass, passport and any other documents without needing to root through my hand luggage.



Dunnes Stores Candles

Another Dunnes Stores find were these candles that sit in the cute tins shown above. They are are everything I could ever want in a homeware item. Pretty packaging? Check. Pastel colours? Check. Lovely scent? Check. What more could I wish for?


I've wanted a Tangle Teezer since I saw Gabriella Lindley chat about it in one of her YouTube uploads. Since then I've stumbled across countless other YoutTubers praising it in their videos. Seriously, the Tangle Teezer PR person needs a raise!

Before I went to China, my mum surprised me by gifting me this Tangle Teezer, with the notion that its size would make it perfect for travelling. Sure enough, it slotted into my suitcase nicely, leaving plenty of room for all the clothes I was bringing with me. Of course, its handy size wouldn't matter if it couldn't handle my unruly curls. Fortunately, it could! By detangling the ends before I move on to the rest of my hair, I've found that the knots come out pretty easily, and it's far less painful than attacking my hair with a regular comb. So I can confirm, the YouTubers were right to go on about it: it's definitely worth the hype!

June, you were good to me... Now to see what July has in store! Thanks for reading! Oh, and make sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin' to keep up-to-date.

4 comments:

  1. That clutch is adorable! So are the candles! I've also always wanted to try a tangle teezer!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that travel clutch! Hope you have a great July :)

    Jessica
    pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangle Teezers are so good and I love the colour of yours its so much prettier than mine haha x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the travel clutch! Very cute and gorgeous colour. :)

    ReplyDelete