Saturday, 11 July 2015

Beautiful Views at Inishowen Head

Inishowen Peninsula View

Sometimes I become so wrapped up in city life that I forget the sense of calm that comes with a country walk. I may be an unapologetic city-girl, but I have to admit there's something special about a wander along a quiet country path. Especially when that path is on the coast of Donegal on an uncharacteristically warm day.

My mum and I couldn't have timed this walk any better, weather wise. For the majority of the walk, the clouds shielded the sun, which meant that we weren't uncomfortably hot. Then, as we came to the end of the walk and closer to the beach, the clouds faded, presenting a beaming sun. Perfect timing for a dip in the sea before driving home before the rainclouds rolled in.

Inishowen Head WalkInishowen Peninsula Inishowen Peninsula Fence

I don't think I'll ever tire of sharing pictures of Donegal online. It really is an underrated spot of beauty. As we walked down the deserted pathway, we wondered aloud whether there are other places like this - beautiful places that tourists don't know about. There must be, of course, but how would we have heard about them? If you know of any, please do let me know - I promise it'll be our secret!

11 comments:

  1. Ah looks gorgeous! There are definitely so many little undiscovered spots like this. Especially when I was in NZ, so much off the beaten trail! Now I just need to find the ones in London ;) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love being in the country.

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog and i'm in love! Mind checking mine out, and maybe follow?

    -Michelle xx

    __
    instagram: @pastellights (www.instagramcom/pastellights)
    website: www.pastellightsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos! looks like a nice place to take a relaxing walk :)

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love places like this! Perfect spot to do things that needs a calm and relaxing environment. Imagine reading your favorite book while listening to the calming sound of the sea. Ahhhh, it would be perfect <3

    xo,
    Jean // La Petite Fawn Blog

    p.s. I followed you on Bloglovin, hope you can check out my blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!
    I love your post!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only been to Donegal once, I went on a school trip to receive Junior Cert results and went surfing and cliff jumping. I'd love to go again! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preciosas fotos y bonito colorido... Un saludo desde Murcia....

    ReplyDelete