Tuesday, 31 March 2015

March Favourites

Well, it's the last day of March and here I am, posting my favourites, but with no sign of the 'One Happy Change' feature that I usually write each month. I can ensure you that I did make a positive change this month, I'm just a little behind on my blogging schedule. So, until then, I'll indulge in a little materialism with my monthly favourites. Here's what I've been loving this month...

This month saw me add another ever-so sweet notebook to my collection. At this stage, I have more notebooks than thoughts to fill them! This addition was gifted to me from my Mum and Dad, who bought it back for me from New Zealand. It's from a quirky stationary shop called Kikki.K - which unfortunately hasn't made it over to my side of the hemisphere yet. But as a stationary obsessive, you can be sure that I'll be first in line if it ever arrives in Europe.

This notebook is extra special because of the story surrounding it. The founder, restless in the early hours of the morning, was decided to figure out her future plans by writing a list. The list became known as the '3am List', and led to her creating her business, Kikki.K. This notebook is an ode to that time, with the cover declaring '3am - Write it down', and the back cover suggesting that you keep it beside your bed, incase late-night inspiration strikes. And it's not just the cover that's pretty: inside the pages are filled with sweet little notes. The pages are so pretty that I ended up scribbling quotes on them and posting them on my wall (which you can see in the photo above).

I still feel like a newbie when it comes to the whole beauty/skincare thing... This is the first time that I've even tried a night cream! So, I'm calling this a favourite, but honestly, I don't have much to compare it to! Nevertheless, I've been enjoying using it this month. When I first purchased this I didn't really expect it to do all that much. But after a few days of using this before bed, I've noticed that my skin has been super smooth the next morning. Plus, it's counteracting the strong cleanser I'm using that gives me slightly flakey skin.

Lastly, I'm going to mention another gift that my parents bought back from New Zealand for me - a copy of Yen magazine. I am a die-hard print magazine fan, and love discovering new reads. I say 'reads' but really, I'm all about admiring the photography and design of the pages... The actual articles are just a pleasant bonus!

Yen magazine was just me all over. I especially loved the 60 Days of Summer feature, which looks like something I would have made when I was 15 - and I mean that in the nicest way possible! It's just that I remember filling up journals with random lists like that one, complete with doodles. So flippin' cute... Plus it's getting me excited for summer!

Sorry about the infrequent and irregular posts, by the way. April and May will be the final push with my masters, with deadlines around every corner. But at the end of May, I'll celebrating the end of lectures with a trip to China! And I'm going to (finally) have time to get my up my Youtube channel up-and-running, so stay tuned for that. Summer 2015 - you're gonna be a good 'un!

No comments:

Post a Comment