Thursday, 5 February 2015

Vintage Clothes & Polaroid Prints

I've gushed about my love for the Fujifilm Instax in my monthly faves post, so now to share what it can do! Over the weekend, I took it for a spin at a photoshoot that I was stylist for. By the way, it was the first time I've ever styled a photoshoot (my style posts don't count!), so feel free to have a peek at the final photographs (taken by Conor-Palin Stewart) and let me know what you think. I welcome constructive criticism because I'd love to improve for future photoshoots! Personally, next time I want to make sure that the different outfits work well together as a series, because, although I liked each individual look, I don't think they worked well as a collection.

Anyway, this was another success story when it came to taking the polaroids. The thing about the Fijifilm Instax is that, as much as I adore the old-school, washed out, look of the prints, it isn't all about the end-result. Instead, the instant fun of the print popping out of the camera and developing right there on set, is as important as the final image. It got us all excited for the digital photos that Conor was taking and would be uploading at a later date. Admittedly, the scans I've shared here don't quite do the actual polaroids justice. Hopefully I'll figure out how to scan them in at a higher quality at some point. Still, I love these photos... At this stage, I've got through all the film I've had since Christmas, so I'll definitely be treating myself to a new packet soon!

Credits
Model: Loren Cáit Ní Leochain
Make-up artist: Make-Up by Milena

Polaroid of Smithfield

11 comments:

  1. love these photos! you're so pretty!

    xo
    www.caseyscollection.blogspot.com
    @caseyscollection

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really fun idea and way to spend an afternoon. You've done an incredible job with the styling - seriously, go you! I think my favorite is the third last one where she's out on the street. And the washed out, vintagey look of the picture just makes it that much better.

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh these photos are so much fun! I love the retro-vibes and grunge feels these photos emit! Also, the styling is definitely on point--I am in love with the second look! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love polaroids and these are so good and a reminder that I need to take out my Fujifilm Instax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is so perfect - I absolutely love the styling
    and the look of the pictures.
    I want to incorporate a few more of my vintage pieces in my everyday outfits,
    so this is a wonderful inspiration. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice picture honey! ;)

    Check it out my new post:
    http://honeyandcotton.org/sockes-and-heels/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos, there something quite special about Polaroids! I think the styling looks great, well done!

    Kay xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute photos! Love your blog :)) x http://ashaopryhirsi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures, I love the vintage feel to them!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! The vintage styling is fantastic, especially that first outfit, with the lace over the red/orange shirt? So genius!

    ReplyDelete