Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Simple Prawn & Mango Salad

I'm not going to pretend that this is some sort of fancy recipe... If you read the title then you'll be able to guess how it's made! Despite it's simplicity, I thought I'd share it here regardless, since I'm enjoying it so much at the moment. Plus, it's a salad combination that you might not have tried before, but you should!

For this salad, the most important thing you need to know is the ingredients:

  • Mango
  • Avocado
  • Prawns
  • Crispy leaf salad
  • Sweet chilli and mango sauce
  • Milled seeds (optional)

Pro tip: To speed up the avocado ripening process, pop it into a paper bag. It'll still take a few days to ripen but it's faster this way. Trust me. I Googled it.

To make the creation you simply scatter the prawns, mango chunks and avocado slices on a bed of crispy salad leaves. Next, stir in the a dollop of sweet chilli and mango sauce. If you're looking to add a bit of texture to your meal you can sprinkle some milled seeds on top... And, voilĂ !

Clearly, this is a super simple meal idea. So simple, in fact, that even I can do it. And this is coming from a person who took four attempts to make a single pancake yesterday... Using an instant pancake mix.

Let me know if you know of any salad combinations that you love, preferably ones which require minimal culinary skills (because I'm useless in the kitchen)!

18 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I feel hungry!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am all about trying new salads (on a mental diet atm) and this sounds amazing!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That sauce sounds ideal, love some sweet chilli. I am a prawn addict, my boyfriend doesn't eat them so any chance to eat prawns is so exciting for me! I do love a good salad, quite like marinating some chicken, and adding a heap of coriander leaves for flavour. I also like adding cheese as a treat - makes me look forward to salads so much more! Those big trays of veges which you just shove in the oven and roast are good too, sometimes I just have a tray of those with some dressing!! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yum, so many good ideas here! I don't know why I don't make roast veggies more because whenever my roomies make them they look delicious!

      Delete
  4. Great post !!!

    I love your blog

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    I have also shared your blog with my friends :)

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm this looks good! I'm liking the idea of a sweet chili mango sauce ... I feel like I might have to try to make that at home at some point, as I'm imagining most of those sauces have dairy in them.

    Also - thanks for the tip about speeding up avocado ripening! I never knew that. I've been craving avocados lately but at also avoiding buying them because all the ones at the grocery store are so hard.

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks so yummy! It sounds great for upcoming Spring or Summer :)

    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never thought of putting mango in a salad before, what a good idea!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salad and I love mango, but I don't think I'd love them together - I'm not a fan of sweet/savoury combos.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely need to make this! It looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks delicious!

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=461438331&pid=uid9444-26670538-10

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=465736537&pid=uid9444-26670538-10

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=459727323&pid=uid9444-26670538-10

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried this so I *am* glad you shared it- and the simpler the better ;) I've been trying to eat healthier (no more daily gummy worms, haha!) but I sometimes get so bored with my lame salads. I love that this has mangos- that'll be a fun kick. And great tip with the avocados. The worst is waiting for them to get good and ripe :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  13. *drools* this looks so nice. Healthy but tasty :) thanks for sharing x

    touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks so good and easy to do and it's also healthy so definitely trying it soon :) thanks for sharing this recipe :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete