Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Insta-Life

As of last week, I'm back to the business of juggling blogging with the intense masters course I'm in. I'm busy, busy, busy - but that's the way I like it so I can't complain. Since I've been focusing on coursework, I thought I'd rely on Instagram to up-date this little spot on the internet today! I'm hoping to have a healthy Instagram account, even when I'm wrapped up with uni, so feel free to follow @clairepetersen32 for consistent updates.

Polaroids from the vintage photoshoot I styled // Om Diva, who let me borrow clothes for the shoot

My last post was about the instant photos I took at the vintage photoshoot, but it's only now that I am realising that I forgot to give a shout out to Om Diva, who were kind enough to let me borrow clothes for it! I absolutely adore Om Diva, the vintage store on Drury Street in Dublin. The staff are friendly and the clothes they stock are beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that I ended up buying a top that I used for the shoot. This is why I couldn't pursue a career in styling - I'd be too tempted to buy all the outfits I borrow!

Cocktails in Love and Death Inc. // Nabbed a free prosecco at Om Diva

I've chatted in detail about my trip to Belfast, and the cocktails that were had at Love and Death Inc, so have a read of that if you missed it. Since I'm back to the grind of uni there won't be much time for me to go out for drinks, so these pictures are making me feel thirsty for a night out!

My inspiration scrapbook // A party outfit

I've started creating a scrapbook with all the brands I might like to work for in the future, one of which is Topshop, hence the picture above. I'm hoping it will make things easier when I'm on the job hunt. It's also a great way to remind myself why I'm putting so much time and effort into my masters - in that way it keeps me motivated! The pages are coming along quite nicely, so in the future I might dedicate a full post to this little hobby!

An early morning in Dublin City Centre // Pretty clouds and trees in Dublin

I mentioned on Twitter that I've been loving using VSCO Cam to edit my landscape photos. I've dedicated a whole post to how I edit iPhone photos, so have a little gander if you're so inclined.

So, that's what I've been filling my time with lately, through the lens of my iPhone. And what about you? Go ahead and leave a comment and I'll peek at your blog to see what you've been up to! I'm nosey like that!

12 comments:

  1. your photos are so lovely! your inspiration book is such a good idea! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/effyourbeautystandards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post idea! These pictures are great, so just started following on you Instagram.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to let you know, I have nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award' because of how much effort you put into your blog. Here is the link:
      http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html
      Emily
      http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. I am in love with that green skirt! Where is it from? I am obsessed with polariods, want an instax camera soo much but not sure if its worth it!

    http://thelittlebluesailboat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt is from Foravi, which is this shop in NYC - I got it when I was over there on holiday! I really think the Instax is worth it! I get so much use out of mine, and the photos it produces are so vintagey and quirky - I'm obsessed with them.

      Delete
  4. Great photos! Love the idea of an inspiration scrapbook!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instagram became an essential part of our lives, so true! Check out mine - @tlvbirdie

    Love your colorful snaps! Your hair at the party look shot looks so gorgeous and bouncy!:)

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that metallic green skirt you are wearing in that party outfit.

    fashionablyunknown.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow those last two photos are beautiful! and I like your party outfit! ;)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cocktails look delicious! And there's nothing better than a bit of free prosecco.

    I'm with you, I love having a peek into other people's lives!

    Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, sounds like you've been super busy! And Dublin just looks so wonderful, I'm desperate to go!

    Rags of Love-Alternative London Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete