Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Othello OOTD

Shirt and Shorts: New Look // Shoes: Penneys // Bag: Accessorize

Today's post is titled Othello OOTD, but it's not because I decided to dress all Shakespearean - though that would have been cool! Rather, this is the outfit I wore to UCD's adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello. Those of you in Ireland doing the Leaving Cert will know the text all too well, since it's the compulsory play for the 2015 exam paper. It wasn't a study session for me, thankfully those days are behind me... Instead, I was checking it out because my friend Fiona produced it. Any excuse for an evening out, eh?

Shakespeare, you do have a way with words don't you? It's been four years since I was immersed in the world of Hamlet for my school exams, so for the first hour I was pretty lost to the Shakespearean English. It's pure gibberish if you haven't quite tuned in. Having said that, once the second act began, I truly got into it. Suddenly I understood every word: no hath, dost nor prithee could stump me. Marry, thou could say I picked up the lingo myself! Ahem. I'll stop that now.

Anyway, how have I nattered on for this long without mentioning this flipping-amazing camera bag?! Anyone who knows me, through this blog or in person, knows that I love photography and cute cameras to boot, so I was always going to adore this novelty bag. Luckily, my mum has a keen eye for gifts and bought it for me as a Christmas present. I'm obsessed with it... I may have known that I would be sporting this bag long before I knew what the hell I would be wearing with it! In the end, I decided to give my new shorts a spin. Let me know what you think of the outfit (and bag!) in the comments!

21 comments:

  1. I just love that bag and your shorts, the music print is wicked! Isn't Elizabethan lingo a pain to pick up on at first? This post made me recall my days of studying Othello and other works by Shakespeare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a completely different language at first! So confusing!

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit! (And I'm also madly jealous of your hair - it's so beautiful!) The camera bag is so. so. awesome too. You're too rad for words.

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, so lovely and cute!! Amazing bag!! Love it.
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, I think you look great. And the camera bag is the coolest bag I've ever seen! I would try and wear that every day haha

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shorts and bag, sooo individual! I wish I wore more things like this, they add an interesting little twist the the outfit!

    http://thelittlebluesailboat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shoes and bag! Shakespeare was almost always my worst when it came to my English/literature classes, haha.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bag is super cute!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures and outfit! I love the bag and shorts :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look. Love the print of the shorts

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  10. That camera bag is amazing
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spotted this adorable camera bag in the Accessorize sale the other day and it took me a lot not to buy it. You have made me wish I did, so incredibly cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit! You look amazing! Love the shorts and I'm obsessed with the bag!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! I adore that bag, so cute!
    Dimples Diaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really really like this, and also your photography captures me!

    www.enterspree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bag is perfection! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete