Sunday, 25 January 2015

One Happy Change: Green Tea Edition

This year, I'm all about making positive changes on a regular basis. Thus, I'll be making One Happy Change every month for the next 12, in the hope of making the changes into a bona fide habits. The exact number of days it takes to form a habit is disputed, pop-psychology suggests it's 21 days but other sources suggest that it's closer to three months. Having said this, I feel that one month should be long enough to at least get me started! My plan is to build up enough momentum, in one month, that I'll bring my healthy habit with me throughout the rest of the year. So by 2016 I'll be content in the knowledge that I've bettered myself in no less than 12 ways! God, listen to me, I am definitely reading too many self-help books...

Anyway, that's the reasoning behind this feature! Now onto the change! I've kicked off with something super simple: Drink one cup of green tea a day. As you may know, I'm on a quest for clear skin, and I've heard time and time again that green tea equals a clear complexion. So why not give it a go for myself?

Green TeaCarolyn Donnelly (for Dunnes Stores) Cup of Green Tea

Health benefits of drinking green tea: It's full of antioxidants, studies suggest that it may reduce the risk of developing various kinds of cancer, studies have shown that it may help keep skin looking young and clear

Before this month, I wouldn't drink any sort of tea. Quite surprising, since I live in a country that is full to the brim with tea drinkers! But, now that I'm drinking green tea regularly, I can't believe it's taken me this long! I love the whole process of making a cuppa in the morning, settling down with a book or scrolling my Instagram feed, and sipping on a hot beverage - it's just such relaxing way to wake myself up! As for the taste? A lot of people say they don't like it, but once you have it a few times you acquire a taste for it. Plus, you can buy flavoured tea or add a squeeze of lemon, so there's no excuse not to try it out.

Cup of Green Tea

Well then, that's my happy change for the month! The jury's out when it comes to my skin. I'm trying so many different things to get a crystal clear complexion that it's hard to track what's making a difference. But since there's so many benefits associated with green tea, I can't see any reason to stop my new habit. Be sure to tell me how your New Year's resolutions or general goals are coming along! Or let me know if you're a fellow green tea drinker!

31 comments:

  1. this is literally the cutest blog sequence idea I've ever heard of! i actually love it, i may try and do the same myself! i love green tea, i used to drink it all the time but ive completely got out of the habit! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/sunday-thoughts.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I should try doing something like this this year... Would be awesome for 2016 to roll by and I have picked up some good habits ;) i don't think I've ever had green tea before... I didn't know it helped clean skin, I'm going to try and drink a cup more often!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried green tea but didn't like the taste although I do like the flavoured ones. I think I will start drinking green tea more now I know the benefits. Thanks and good luck on this new 'habit'.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been drinking a whole lot of tea recently and I think it is benefitting my skin! I really like green tea with peppermint, makes it taste nicer and settles my stomach! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the idea of making one manageable but positive change a month. It's so simple but so amazing!

    I've been cutting down on the amount of coffee I drink over the past while so I have been drinking more tea, although not necessarily green. I'm trying to cut down on caffeine in general as I find it often upsets my stomach. I've also been making more of an effort to drink more plain ole water and I found that it's had a great impact on my skin.

    Good luck with your clear skin quest and I am already excited for February's post!

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kathryn, you're such a sweetheart!

      Delete
  6. I love drinking tea! I stopped for a little while, but I'm back haha. If you have a David's Tea around, I suggest trying them out. They have tons of different flavors :)

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that out, thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  7. Yes! I love the idea of One Happy Change. I might have to conquer something similar! Drinking one cup of green tea has incredible health benefits. I try to make it a part of my day as well, whether that means starting my morning with a hot mug of green tea or sipping a decaf version before bed. I can definitely tell a difference in my complexion when I drink it regularly!

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green tea has so many health benefits! I've noticed that it has helped clear my skin up a lot, and for it is is very hydrating. Green tea is also great for puffy eyes and dark circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohymygoodness, your photographs are adorable. So glad I stumbled upon your blog x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been drinking green tea for years (although I stopped this year) because of its health benefits. I bought Twinings Green Tea Collection when I decided to start drinking tea because I wanted to try different flavors and what I would like the best. I didn't like pure green tea but I absolutely fell in love with Green Tea & Lemon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    I should totally try that, too, thanks for the inspiration!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love green tea, I have a ridiculous number of cups each day!

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, I would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. your blog is so sweet ! :)

    loving that post

    http://cateaclysmic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore green tea - so good for you and I love the flavor!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the exact same! Absolutely LOVE your blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to get into green tea - I just can't get used to the taste!! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm I don't really like green tea, but I also want to hydrated more so I decided to drink more liquids, especially water :D

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet pictures!!!! I like green tea so much <3

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Green tea is great. It took me a while to get used to the taste of it; but I really like it now x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey that is true that if we drink one cup of Green drink or a cup of green tea in a day then it will help us maintaining body weight. I feel so healthy and refreshed after having it on regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your monthly changes! I should really start drinking green tea, although I think I would have to get the flavoured ones!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds amazing

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love green tea. I can't go a day without drinking at least one cup of green tea :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/01/black-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this! I wrote a post on my blog about things I wanted to make into habits and drinking a daily cup of green tea was one of them :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not a tea person, but lately I've been wanting to drink more tee, and you gave me the push I needed to start. Thank you!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have to try this sooner or later; great post girl!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww such cute photos! http://ashaopryhirsi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really beautiful photos - I love that mug too! And green tea is so good for you :) Good luck with your new good habits!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your plan!! Love the photos, too. :) Tea = happiness.

    ReplyDelete