Thursday, 8 January 2015

My Pamper Routine

Over the weekend, I was in dire need of a pick-me-up. All the bad food and alcoholic beverages consumed over the festive period made for a post-Christmas slump of unbearable proportions. So I treated myself to a much needed pamper session. I thought I'd share my pamper routine with you all, which is fail-proof in making me feel utterly relaxed and content.

Bath and Ted Baker Candle Ted Baker Bath Foam

No pamper routine is complete without ambient lighting, so the first thing I did was light my candles, like this scented Ted Baker one. As the water runs, I'll add the Ted Baker Bath Foam to add some essential bubbles into the mix. I quite like Ted Baker, did you notice? I'm thrilled that I was given some gorgeous Ted Baker beauty bits and bobs, including the Beau Box, which has body lotion, shower gel, bath foam and body spray, a perfect set for nights like these.

NSPA Cleansing Gel NSPA Spa Skincare Box

As the bath is running, I'll take off the day's make up using the first step from the NSPA Spa Skincare Box. Next, is step 2 (obviously) where I apply the Hot Cloth Polish before wiping it off, gently, with the muslin cloth. This helps get rid of any dead skin. I substitute step 3 of the Skincare Box with Acnecide, which is less of a pamper product and more of a necessity to tame my spotty skin. I'll chat about Acnecide in more detail in a future skincare routine post, because it's been pretty useful in combatting my acne. After applying it and letting it dry in I apply the moisturiser, the final step of the NSPA routine. By now my bath is full to the brim and I'm ready to hop in!

I'll read a magazine or book while I soak in the bath, and today's choice was a Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl, which I, and judging by a lot of blogs, everyone else in the world, got for Christmas. I keep my hair tied up, out of the water, as washing my hair is simply too much hassle. This is a pamper routine so I'm entitled to be as lazy as can be!

Once I've sufficiently shrivelled (don't you just hate how hot water makes your fingertips akin to raisins?) I pat myself dry, use a touch of the Body Soufflé (the Ted Baker-pretentious way of saying body lotion) and get cosy in pyjamas. Thus far I've pretty much ignored my hair, so I'll give it a bit of attention by covering it in Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm, before curling up in bed with a soy hot chocolate (Butlers White Hot Chocolate, to be precise) and my book.

Content and seriously spoilt, I'll eventually drift off to sleep. And that, my lovelies, is my pamper routine.

13 comments:

  1. the new ted baker sets have the most amazing packaging dont they! i got the same one for christmas and cant wait to use it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/gluten-free-cupcakes.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing pamper routine. I don't think I've ever used any Ted Baker products before! Your photos are really nice :)

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried Ted Baker anything but they look like great products! I love baths - they are so calming and relaxing. I love listening to music in the bath too, and one of my favorite feelings in the world is taking the stopper out and feeling the bath water drain while I'm still in the tub. Weird? Probably.

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh you made me want to have a cosy pamper evening hehe. Great post girl xo


    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a pamper session soon! This one sounds perfect and so relaxing! :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely :) Now I want to have a lovely bubbly bath!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually like baths (soaking in my own filth? Being cold when you get out) but this post actually makes it look relaxing & refreshing to me. I might even draw my own bath this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ted Baker too, specially their bows, so pretty.
    Never tried their bath products tho, should give it a try!

    Tanya
    stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Relaxing moment!!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really want to try Ted Baker products, I've heard some lovely things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your little photo set is darling, great post x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bubble baths are the best! But Lena Dunham's book is even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute post :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete