Monday, 12 January 2015

Day Trip to Belfast: The Look, Food & Finds

Over the weekend, I popped over to Belfast with my bestie Alan, for his birthday. Drinks were had, bargains were found and too much food was eaten. But first up, what I wore...

Sketch of What I Wore to Belfast

The weather was... Ok-aaay. The rain held off, and there was even a glimpse of the sun every now-and-then. Unfortunately, this didn't translate into a warm temperature. Every few moments there was a strong and chilly gust of wind, so taking off my coat for an outfit photograph was out of the picture. But since I really liked my ensemble, I thought I'd power on and share what I wore by drawing it in Photoshop! Excuse the sketch below, I need (a lot of) practice, I know. Anyway, I wore a cute little tartan top I got from New Look, which just screams Clueless. I paired it with the velvet skirt, which I wear all the time.

For lunch we stopped off at Love and Death Inc., an eatery near Victoria Square Shopping Centre. This place ticked all the boxes for me with a quirky interior, generous portion sizes and an impressive cocktail list.

Speaking of the cocktails, can I just point out that the picture to the left is of the comic book inspired drinks menu, AKA the Cocktail Chronicles. How cool is that? If you ever visit, make sure to have a nosey through the cocktail menu. That holds even if you don't drink - it's worth a flick through and there's some mocktails that might take your fancy! And for those looking for a big night out: Inside the menu, there's a game of snakes and ladders that you can play. The forfeit for sliding down a snake? A shot of alcohol, of course! I ordered the Origins cocktail to go with my meal. My rum, pomegranate and lime juice concoction came decorated with a little tea bag filled with pomegranate seeds, and, yes, it was as delicious as it looks.



Well fed and watered, Alan and I tackled the shops. I was lucky enough to nab a few bargains, like the golden jacket I picked up from a vintage store for £18. Not super cheap, but a reasonable price to pay since I know I'll be wearing it a lot, probably over some variation of the Little Black Dress. As for the cute musical note shorts, I found them in River Island for a tenner!

For a mere £3 I took home this little book, sure to fuel my creative side, 642 Fashion Things to Draw. Hopefully, after some practice in this workbook, I'll be able to draw a less wobbly OOTD sketch!

And that, my friends, was my day in Belfast. I love that I live close to the city, so I can pop over and visit for a few hours, and be back for bedtime. Having said that, I hear the nightlife there is great, so maybe next time I should stay the night!

22 comments:

  1. Aww, your pictures are amazing, such a lovely trip. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little of everything!!! love this post!! :D

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drawing! And the food looks delicious!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. A comic book-inspired drink menu? Take me there! I've never been to Belfast but I would love to visit and now I have just one more reason to :)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love your blog !! :)
    lovely post and pictures thanks for sharing.

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool blog post. I love the way you laid it out. Also love the outfit of the day, drawing idea! very unique. The food looks delicious and the cocktails are so pretty. I love to get cocktails just because they look so cool haha x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh i love this <3 so different your drawings are so cute ^.^ i want to follow you but im being blind (?) and cant see where/how?!
    x

    www.coralpaiges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You can follow me on Bloglovin' - I need to make it way more clear on my blog! Putting it down on the to-do list!

      Delete
  8. I love your outfit drawing! It's such a cool way of presenting what you wore. This sounds like such a fun trip! And I am totally intrigued by the comic book cocktail menu.

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finds and to go suggestions)
    It was very interesting and informative to read!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos! The cocktails look so delicious. I really fancy some chips now that I've seen your pics...ah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cocktails look amazing and I love the comic book menu, so creative!

    fashionblyunknown.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the illustration!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely pictures :) x

    -----

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely find! The food looks absolutely delicious

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  15. That photoshop sketch is adorable :) I bet the outfit looked lovely in real life. I love the idea of the comic book menu!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your illustration! I need some more tartan in my life.

    theresa | fashiontoa-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That jacket is amazing ! great find!
    millie-loves.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete