Tuesday, 30 December 2014

On Repeat in 2014

Listening to Music with Paperchase Earmuff Headmuffs

Music's a funny thing. As little as a few notes in sequence can remind you of another time and place. So I thought I'd share the songs that I've been playing over and over this year. Whenever I hear them, they'll always remind me of some immortalised moment. Memories such as...

The Memory: Copying Bruno Mars' dance moves with my roomie, Michelle. From the comfort of our couch we shimmied the night away and harmonised to this song as well as his back catalogue.
The Song: Uptown Funk, Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars

The Memory: Near-yelling the lyrics and getting more than a little teary. I was operating on about 4 hours of sleep, was a ball of stress, and getting buried alive an ever-increasing pile of college assignments. Wallowing in self-pity, this song was the only thing keeping me sane.
The Song: Like I Can, Sam Smith

The Memory: Jogging along the boardwalk of Ocean City, beside the sea and under a newly-risen sun. Pure bliss.
The Song: Liberate, Eric Prydz

The Memory: Going back and forth, behind the camera and in front of it, taking selfies for my blog. Also, writing up many a blog post. I don't know why but I binged on this song while I blogged this year.
The Song Emily, Lower than Atlantis

The Memory: Spending hour after hour editing photos for my final photography project of my degree. My second home was the Photography Mac Labs and with my headphones on I was in my own world.
The Song: I Wanna Feel, Secondcity

The Memory: Another early morning, on the bus, heading to uni to get stuff done. Public transport's not that bad when your headphones are plugged in.
The Song: Easy, Porter Robinson

Paperchase Earmuff Headphones with Bokeh Background Paperchase Earmuff Headphones

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate how cute these headphones are?! They look like earmuffs, they are cosy like earmuffs... Okay they are earmuffs... But they are also headphones! They're from Paperchase and they are utterly adorable! Thanks to my lovely grandma for giving them to me for Christmas!

14 comments:

  1. Those earmuff/ear phones are seriously the best! This was such a lovely post to read - it's so amazing how music can evoke such strong memories.

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    P.S. Sam Smith = forever swoon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little reflection. Music, scents, etc, always bring back such vivid moments. Have a wonderful rest of 2014. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those headphones :)


    www.Shannenandco.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photographs are adorable x

    Wishing you a very very lovely new year.

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally the same, I listen to songs on repeat for so long I always end up associating them with a time period! It is a nice way to reminisce though :) Hope you have a fab New Year! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these earmuff headphones, they look so cosy! :)
    best wishes for 2015!! :)
    www.fergzillas.blogspot.co.uk
    Fergzillas*
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely memories! And some gorgeous headphones! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year ♥

    Follow for follow?
    http://1968basweca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great post dear, Do you mind supports each other?! Happy New Year!

    Koey,
    www.KoeyLeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely idea. Music can remind us of so many things - great to see what songs have been a part of your year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are some songs that when I listen to them I really feel like I am back in that exact time and place... it's CRAZY! and I love those headphones are so cute. I love your photography!!!

    Happy new year :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year ♥

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Claire,

    Happy New Year, You're so pretty and I like the Aztec-printed headphones, it's like a genius idea to have something that is so creative yet so useful! Especially needed in this cold weather! :) Keep in touch always and have a fab '15.


    RAYA
    www.raysofraya.com
    instagram: instagram.com/raysofraya/
    twitter: https://twitter.com/raysofraya

    ReplyDelete