Sunday, 28 December 2014

My Year in Lists

The countdown to 2015 is well and truly on, so naturally, I'm reflecting on the year that has been, before I plan for the year ahead. For me, 2014 was a fantastic year... Between graduating from Communication Studies with a first, partying in Ocean City and challenging myself in a Digital Marketing masters, it has pushed my time management skills to the limit - but I don't regret a thing I've taken on. And 2014 for this little ol' blog? It's been the year that it found its true voice and image. Here's a little look back at the best bits of 2014 for Technicolour Dreamer...

A Selection of my Favourite Outfits of 2014

From the looks of my blog, it was a year for layering and pretty dresses. Which would be pretty accurate, if it were balanced with style posts where I'm kitted out in skinny jeans and over-sized jumpers. Maybe 2015 calls for a few more casual outfit posts?

More of my Outfits of 2014

2014 was also the year that I discovered my love for velvet - a fabric that I had been quick to dismiss when it first reappeared in Topshop and the likes. Three of my favourite pieces, in fact, are verging on entirely velvet (the shoes and dress in image 1, the skirt in image 5). In the future I won't be so quick to dismiss trends I haven't tried.


Places I Visited in 2014

This year, I've been luck enough to not just travel to, but also live in, some incredible places. Over the summer months I worked in Ocean City, Maryland, for a character-building experience during which the phrase 'work hard, play hard' has never been so apt. Waitress by day, food runner by evening, party-goer by night... A J1 visa certainly does not equal a holiday visa, but that's what's so special about it.

Places I Visited in 2014: Berlin and Paris

And then there were the random, unforgettable getaways, to Paris, Berlin and beyond. Pictures taken and memories made, the experience of travelling in 2014 will stick with me forever... Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to travel even more in 2015.

Claire Petersen's Photography Projects of 2014

This part is a bit of a mish-mash of images, but what can I say? My photography ranges from run-of-the-mill portraiture to the bizarre and surreal. The Soul's Home, my end-of-year photography project, is the work that I'm most proud of. Running around the country to find people's happy places was an adventure and I felt throughly inspired as I edited the final images. If you're wondering what the hell I'm on about, click through the 'Soul's Home' link above to read more about that project.

The Marriage of Strongbow and Aoife Reimagined by 2Fik

Another highlight was my stint as an intern for the artist 2Fik, as part of the Dublin Fringe Festival. Such fun, and it made for an exciting way to start another year living in Dublin.

2014, you've treated me well. 2015, I'm looking forward to you being just as kind. Wishing all my friends, family and fellow bloggers a very happy New Year!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a brilliant idea for a post, I love all of your outfits!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab year, this is a great way to reflect on what you have done this year. I love all the dress posts! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good year!! Your outfits are all so cute :)

    I hope you have a fantastic 2015!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post, so many lovely photos. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing year for you with all that travelling, and getting a first is such a great achievement!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures :)


    Shannenandco.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a love for velvet too. I like how you play around with colors! You create such fun outfits.


    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many gorgeous outfits!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely recap! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfits and you are so lucky to have travelled in so many lovely places!

    Happy New Year!

    Beauty Inside Art

    ReplyDelete