Wednesday, 3 December 2014

A Beauty Bargain Hunt

Did you know that Boots has a reduced section? I'm as frugal as they come, so I can't believe that I only discovered this when I started my job at Boots. Eager to find a new beauty favourite, I scooped up my pocket-change and headed over to said section. Here's a peek at the bits and bobs I picked up...

Barry M Sparkle Nail Polish in Pink Sapphire Glitter and Diamond Glitter Painting Nails with Barry M Sparkle Nail Polish Barry M Sparkle Nail Polish in Silver

How cute are these Barry M nail polishes? Barry M are known for their fab range of colours, and getting to pick these up for €2 a pop was perfect. The colours I got were Diamond Glitter and Pink Sapphire Glitter. You can't see it too well in the photo, but the silver is great as a top coat over light colours like this teal shade I'm wearing.

Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara

Barry M might be my go-to brand for nail varnish, but until now I've never turned to it for much else. But as it happens, I was in desperate need of a mascara on the day that I was browsing the reduced section. Spotting this Barry M Lash Vegas mascara for €2 was a little bit of a lifesaver, if you'll excuse the hyperbole. Anyway, this little item does the job. I wouldn't say that I'd rush out to get it again, as it is a little clumpy, but it is ideal for lobbing into a bag and leaving there, ready to be called upon when my bare eyelashes make me feel naked.

No 7 Precision Lip Liner in Plum Plum Shade

Before now, I'd never really considered No 7 products, but since I started working at Boots I have been quite tempted to splurge. This little lip pencil was reduced down to €2.50 so I got to try the brand out on the cheap. The picture to the right gives an idea of what the colour is like. I've been wearing it quite a lot during the day, even though it is a colour that would perhaps seem too dark for everyday wear. When I blend a lighter shade of lipstick over it, though, it instantly becomes suitable for my day-to-day outings. Oh, and just a note on how I wear lip-liner: I always fill in the lip with the lip-liner, because I don't like it when only the outline has been done. Anyway, I'm liking this little product a lot. I'll definitely be venturing over the the full-priced side of the No 7 spectrum at some point in the future.

Hope you enjoyed having a nosy at the bargains I picked up! Have you tried any of these beauty bits and pieces? Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Love these. They look so nice

    Check out Todays Blogmas Post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip liner looks such a perfect colour. I've never had a good time with Barry M polishes though.

    fashionablyunknown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the idea of putting sparkles over a light green-blue color. It's almost like a Cinderella look:) I need some new makeup so thank you for sharing! Maybe I'll check this out.
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete