Wednesday, 12 November 2014

The Grad Ball: What I Wore

It may be slightly unorthodox to roll up to a fancy ball in a short skirt... But it's not as strange as me tottering around in my wedges as I push couches out of the way and rearrange the whole living room just to get a full-length snap of my outfit. Blogger's problems, eh?

As my camera is god-awful in low light, I usually shy away from taking my outfit posts indoors. But with those evenings getting darker, and long days spent at work and college, it's near impossible for me to take photographs in the natural light. The upside of all these restrictions is that I've been forced to get creative. Hence the furniture rearrange and a longer exposure time when taking the photographs. Just. Keep. Still... Hold. That. Pose.

Graduation Ball Outfit with a Short Skirt
Top & Skirt: Foravi // Shoes: Office
Green Skirt and Electric Green Wedges Electric Green Wedges from Office

I put together this outfit for my graduation ball. The event was on at a swanky hotel, where we got a three course meal (complete with everybody's favourite blogger cliché: macaroons! Why did I not snap a picture of this?) and entertainment to boot. It was the last hurrah, the final time we're allowed to be reckless students. Of course, we'll still act like reckless students regardless, but it's somehow more acceptable at the graduation ball.

Anyway, this is the outfit that I wore as I partied the night away with my cherished uni friends. If you were going to a ball, would you keep it classic with a long flowing dress, or go for something a bit different like this top and skirt combo? Do share, I love hearing from you.

5 comments:

  1. I've never been to a ball. I would totally wear a long flowy dress! You look in great in your outfit, I love your shoes!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! The skirt and top combo works really well!

    modernaudreyh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous and what incredible shoes! The pictures look just fine and I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this outfit is just adorable! The skirt is too pretty!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for leaving such nice comment on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, I would TOTALLY roll up in this to a ball- especially a graduation ball :) This whole look is just crazy amazing- seriously, my heart is just doing a happy jig in my chest. That color is gorgeous, I love the structured sleeves in your blouse, and the wedges just moved this into high fashion territory. Applause all around.

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete