Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Show & Tell: My Room Divider

I've gone a little home decor crazy over here, my most recent endeavor being the transformation of my room divider. Before, it had a dull and poorly painted white and brown appearance. And after? Well keep on scrolling to see the transformation.

Violet Room Divider Landscape

I couldn't make this post into a DIY, because I failed to take in-process pics (tut tut bad blogger). So it's more of a show and tell... Showing off what my room divider looks like since I got my grubby paws on it... The opposite sides are both absolutely different styles:

Violet Room Divider Room Divider Purple Parrot Decoration

The violet, cutesy side is the side facing my bedroom. I like it, but the pattern is perhaps a bit too busy, so I'm going to keep my eyes open incase I find some other suitable papers. That's the good thing about this little transformation, it'll be so easy to switch it up when I get bored of it. Or I can simply make a change by turning the shutters around, since it's reversible. The above right picture shows the other side, where I went for a loud parrot print and spray painted the frame a dark shade of purple.

Paperchase Cute Bird Wrapping Paper

Just a note on how I did this: I spray painted the frames violet on one side and purple on the other. The inside panels were decorated with sturdy wrapping paper, which I picked up from Paperchase. They were having a great sale, so I stocked up on lots of cute stationary stuff, including this paper.

That's what I've been getting up to recently. Have you been doing any decorating? Let me know, I love reading your comments and coming across new blogs (and old favourites) in the process!

7 comments:

  1. Love the side with all of the mail and birds on it! So cute!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! It turned out great!

    Do you have a twitter or instagram? I really like your blog and I'd love to add you! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Here's my Instagram name: clairepetersen32 and as for Twitter, I only just started it up, but here it is anyway: TDreamerBlog. Aw, thank you Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks fabulous and I love the beautiful violet colour. I've always wanted a screen dresser, this one of yours is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, what a good job you did. I love the paper you picked out, it looks so good!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this turned out so amazing,
    what a cute idea. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete