Now that I'm faced with a long commute, and hence a lot of time with phone in hand and headphones in ear, I've developed a love for podcasts. I find that plugging in my headphones and popping on a podcast helps me to check out of my surroundings and actually enjoy the trek into uni. It's important for me to make the most of every second this year, since I am extremely busy, so my journeys by bus are becoming a time where I indulge in some much-needed chill-out time.
Plus, when my late nights are spent walking home from the bus stop, cowered under an umbrella in the unrelenting rain, distractions are very much welcomed.
* Scott Mills Daily - Hands down the funniest guy on radio, along with his sidekick Chris. It's absolutely outrageous that he's never been the Radio 1 Breakfast Host.
* Cracked - Boils down pop psychology and culture into a lighthearted chat with some funny people.
* NPR: Pop Culture Happy Hour - Delves into popular culture, and comments on what's hot in the world of books, television and films.
* Radiolab from WNYC - Radio documentary as it should be: utterly engaging and always surprising.
* An Irishman Abroad - Fascinating interviews with successful celebs who 'made-it' by flying the coop. Expect to be inspired by the likes of Dara O'Briain, Laura Whitmore, the IT Crowd/Father Ted creator, Graham Linehan and others. Not only relevant for the Irish, scroll down the feed and find someone you're interested in and discover their story.
* The Infinite Monkey Cage - Hosted by the ever-charming Brian Cox and comedian Robin Ince, the two delve into all things sciencey. I need to don my thinking cap for this one, and I'll only put it on when I'm in a particularly nerdy mood. Bonus: Brian Cox's voice is quite dreamy!
Well there you go, my favourites from my download list. With many more hours of commuting ahead of me, I'm certainly on the hunt for more audio gems, so please do share if you are a fellow podcast enthusiast!