Wednesday, 13 August 2014

My 2014 Summer Soundtrack

Another snapshot post, but this time with a musical twist. I've paired my pics with a personal playlist which could have easily been blaring as I had these experiences. These songs have been the soundtrack to my summer... I'm pretty sure that in a few years time, if one of these shuffles its way onto my iPod, I'll be instantly transported to this summer of 2014. Most of these photos can be found on my Instagram, so feel free to click and creep!


Roasting marshmellows by the fire on Assateague Island
The first couple of songs are quite chill, which is how we felt initially. The tunes get progressively more epic, to emulate the way that the night escalated... It ended with skinny dipping with my girlfriends! Don't be expecting an Instagram pic of that though!
***
'Worry', Jack Garratt
'Touch', Shura
'Waves (Robin Schulz Remix)', Mr Probz
'One day/Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix)', Asaf Avidan
'Sky Full of Stars', Coldplay
***

Sipping on rum and coke from the quirky jam-jar glasses at Pepper's
With it's low ceilings, live music, and collaged walls, this place is undeniably cool, so I chose songs to match that atmosphere.
***
'Stolen Dance', Milky Chance
'Never Never', SBTRKT
'Crystalised', The XX
***


Watching the fireworks before going clubbing for the night
Warning: this part of the mix may cause you to jump on the next plane to Ibiza.
***
'Liberate', Eric Prydz
'DNA (Calvin Harris Remix)', Empire of the Sun
'Won't Look Back', Duke Durmont
'You Take Me Higher', Rodgerseventytwo
'NRG', Duck Sauce
'Language', Porter Robinson
***

4 comments:

  1. I like your playlist and the fireworks is beautiful!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best idea for a post! I love how you've taken us through your summer with both photos and sound--appealing to more than one sense, which is often what you get in the blog-o-sphere. I might have to take some inspiration from this post and do something similar. Oh, and thank you for the new tunes :)

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed this post and also love the pictures you have included!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the music touch on this post! I just wrote down all of them because im constantly on the search of new music, and this is just what I needed!!!

    http://justohana.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete