Sunday, 3 August 2014

A Particular Type

It's not fun to be unwell in an unfamiliar country and this week I was unlucky enough to pick up a cold. All I wanted was my own bed and a cuppa hot choc. So clearly, I've been too busy feeling sorry for myself to put up a new post! Until now, of course. Now that I'm all rested and in good form, I thought I'd share some more Ocean City pics. This time focusing on the typography here.

I've noticed how the signs here look like they were created in another era and have never been updated. There's retro typography around every corner and I had the urge to document it.

Don't all the signs look a little old-fashioned? I like them, though! Quirky signs like these can be found dotted all around the town, and I've been enjoying collecting them in the form of snapshots.

In other news, I have a few fun activities in the pipeline - I'm hoping to make the most of this final stint in Ocean City. So do keep you eyes on this blog and, as always, I'll keep you lovely people updated.

4 comments:

  1. these photos are beautiful! what camera do you use? id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/mid-summer-round-up.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Canon 1000D. I also commented on your post. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. This post is perfection. I'm so in love with typography at the moment! Old signs are my favorite thing...it was such a treat to look through these gorgeous photos. Enjoy the rest of your time in Ocean City! xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love Urban Typography.
    Great post and you are great at taking pictures.

    www.kindoflovely.com
    POLAROID INSTAX MINI GIVEAWAY
    -

    ReplyDelete