Thursday, 10 July 2014

Served with a Scoop of Pastel

This week I got some exciting news - I have been awarded the John Thompson Scholarship to do the Digital Marketing masters at DCU! If this doesn't call for a celebratory sprinkley soft-serve then I don't know what does. So I popped over to Dumser's Dairyland for my fix of ice-cream and pretty pastel decor.

Isn't this little ice-cream shop adorable? With it's pink booths, lemon-and-lime shaded doors and selection of flavors and toppings I think that it is set to become one of my favourite hang-out spots in Ocean City. It's also dangerously close to my apartment. Is a scoop of ice-cream a day healthy? I'll do some first-hand research and let you know by the end of the summer!

As for the look, I'm taking layering to another level by wearing one dress over another. You may recognise the dress from my profile pic over on the right side of my blog. I love it and wanted to wear it, so, with the power of layering I took away the daylight-inappropriate cleavage by donning the pastel number underneath.

Strapless Dress: Penneys // Purple Dress (worn underneath the strapless dress): Topshop // Lip Ring: eBay (and gifted to me by my BFF Alan) // Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

I decided to contrast the girly dresses with a lip ring. Before you freak out Mum, it's a fake one! I was half-considering coming home from America and tricking my parents into thinking I went wild and got a lip piercing, but oh well, I couldn't not share this outfit online. Here's a fun fact: I don't even have my ears pierced!

So that's all my news for now. Hope you too are having a fantastic summer filled with extra scoops of ice-cream and sprinkles on top. Let me know your thoughts in the comments, my lovelies!

*Shout out to Hannah for taking the style photos. I reckon my roomies will all be super photographers by the end of this holiday, with all the times I'll be begging them to help me out with my photoshoots.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! This place looks amazing as does that ice cream treat, and you're the cutest thing! I'm very happy to have just discovered your adorable blog. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much for visiting me, would you like to follow each other? ;)
    www.charmeusee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bother, you have a lovely blog. I already follow you on Bloglovin'! :)

      Delete
  3. These photos are just wonderful! I adore the dress as well, plus nothing beats ice cream on a hot day. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love photographs! Congratulations!!! What an honour! Best of luck. ---Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning! You are such an inspiration :)
    xx
    The Stylish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool photos! You look really cute ;) Love your fun dress and that place is beautiful, like from the 50s :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pastel colours! Love your photos :)
    Jeffrey Chung

    ReplyDelete