Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Amuse Me

My roommate has this theory that everyone has a child-like self, but soceity quietens it as people are constantly told to 'grow up'. If this is true then the kid-Claire certainly came out in full force when I hit the amusements last night. Exploring the mirror maze and seeing the glittering lights of the rides was enough to send Eileen and I back to the younger, more excitable version of ourselves.

Eileen challenged me to whac-a-mole and I found out that I kind of rock at the game. I racked up 150 points in no time, and bagged myself a little fairground prize in the process!

So we had fun doing the attractions, but the best part, for me, was taking in how pretty the place is. From the cute, glowing signs, to the beautiful merry-go-round, I had plenty of eye-candy to keep me content. And, of course, it is an excellent place to bring my DSLR. We were even cheeky enough to ask to take pics on the rides when they weren't moving. Hence the carosel photographs below.

Dress: Penneys // Necklace: Topshop // Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

As for the outfit, this is my go-to summer dress, as the blue colour and polka-dot design is simple and easy to wear, plus it has these cute slits at the waist, which I love. I am also wearing those little white sandals again because these are the only pair of summer shoes I bought over to The States. I would love to treat myself to new shoes (and clothes, for that matter), but my first priority is saving for travelling. I'll be heading to NYC next month, and I know having a bit of spending money for the Big Apple will be worth wearing these shoes until they've whittled away.

Until I spend up big in NYC, I'll be saving and behaving in Ocean City. Fortunately, there are many free and inexpensive activities to do here (sure, this holiday is all about the beach and sun anyway). Stay tuned (maybe follow me on Bloglovin'?) to see more pictures and here more stories from my adventure.

*Shout out to Eileen for helping me take the style photos.

10 comments:

  1. Love this. The photos really capture what it feels like at a funfair x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Love your blog! Just followed you, would you please follow me back? :)
    http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! this post is soo fabulous!! enjoyed reading it! and also the photos ♥__♥

    New style post sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sweetheart

    you have such an amazing face! you look like a model!

    love your blog!amazing lay out!

    check on my blog my new hair color!

    love
    vicky

    http://www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are so lovely and your look wonderful.
    Such a cute dress, the colour suits your hair!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a brilliant day, what a lovely place. Your fairground prize looks super adorable too!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete