Monday, 2 June 2014

Oakfield Park #1: A Picturesque Stroll & a Vintage Dress

I'm making the most of the gorgeous landscapes that are close to home this week. Since I'll be in the USA for the majority of the summer, I'm lapping up the Irish air while I can!

Over the weekend, I visited Oakfield Park, a gorgeous estate which happens to only be a five minute drive away from my house. Even though it's so near to me, I had never visited it until now. I knew that it was there, but I had no idea that it was this beautiful... So beautiful, in fact, that I took too many photos to fit comfortably in one blog post, so look out for update two soon. Just a glimpse at the above photo will show you why I was so trigger happy: it's just so pretty.

For my stroll around the grounds, I needed to wear something comfortable because the grounds are quite big. So I wore this vintage dress, which I bagged at a vintage clothing kilo sale a while ago.

Dress: Vintage (Shutterbug Kilo Sale) // Belt: Vintage // Bracelet: New Look
I love this tree! I think it looks like it could be part of a set for a Tim Burton film. It's so creepy and mysterious.

Hope you got your fix of pretty pictures from this post! Stay tuned for the second installment on this blog. As always, do comment with your thoughts, I love to read them!

*Shout out to my mum for taking the style photos.

6 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos! Love your dress :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I am obsessed with Tim Burton, you are totally right - it's like the tree from The Corpse Bride! That or Alice in Wonderland. Either way you look bloody gorgeous in that dress...

    Elisse x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so pretty! I feel like it would be so versatile to wear in a lot of different ways:) And your photos here are just perfect... they remind me of fairies in a way!
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a magical place! these photos look like paintings. your dress is beautiful, and i love how your bracelet matches the flowers!!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos ! Your blog is really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete