Saturday, 31 May 2014

The Walled City

Usually, my summer months are filled with days spent aimlessly wandering around the streets within Derry, the Walled City. Derry is the city where my mum works, so I'd often drag myself out of bed early to have semi-productive days during my break from university (semi-productive = I changed out of my pyjamas).

This year it'll be a tad different - my days will be spent in a beach holiday destination: Ocean City, Maryland. But as fun as my summer by the beach is set to be, I'll no doubt be tad nostalgic for Derry, home, and Ireland in general... For approximately a millisecond between sips of an ice-cold strawberry daiquiri by the beach!

So, as a 'see you later' to the city, which has been uncharacteristically sunny over the past few days, I thought I'd share some photos that I snapped. Enjoy...

The countdown until I venture off to the States is on, next week I will arrive in Ocean City, and then my summer truly begins. Before then, I've been doing a little bit of sight-seeing and picture-taking in touristy spots in Ireland. If you like the sound of that, look out for my next style post on Monday, it will feature pretty pictures that I took at a country house I visited recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment