Friday, 2 May 2014

A Velvet Secret

Dress: Penneys // Skirt: Topshop // Shoes: Barratts

This velvet skirt pops up in so many of my outfits, but I just can't get enough of it! Also, it is a regular occurrence because I'm cash-strapped at the moment. I need all my pennies for my summer travel plans, not clothes. Alas, if I want a new outfit I have to remix the clothes I already have. Hence the ever-present velvet skirt.

These were taken at the Secret Lake in UCD, with my lovely friend Fiona. It was a beautifully sunny day and it was great to catch up with Fiona, seeing as I haven't seen her much throughout the academic year.

In other news, today is the last day of the semester... And, for me, my last ever Communication Studies lecture. I'll leave all the gushy, emotional stuff for the inevitable graduation post, when I'll be crying into the keyboard, no doubt. For now, I'll just say that I've had the most fantastic time at DCU over the past three years. I'm excited for the next chapter in my life but, god, I'm going to miss the place.

*Thanks to Fiona for taking these photos.

2 comments: