Thursday, 10 April 2014

Oriental Vibes

Top: Thrifted // Skirt: Topshop // Shoes: Penneys // Bracelet: Vintage

I didn't go on much of a trek to get these photos, they're actually taken in the courtyard that my apartment looks out onto (the pic on the left is the view from my bedroom window). The reason for the unadventurous location is because I was in a bit of a rush, I was heading to town to celebrate my friend Nicola's birthday. We went to Captain America's, ordered too much food and stuffed ourselves silly. We had a few cocktails too! Only €3 for a Cuba Libre? Sure, it would be rude not to. And, of course, we mortified her by belting out 'Happy Birthday to You' in the restaurant. She forgave us though, as the song came along with a mountain of ice-cream and brownies.

As for my outfit, there are some lovely textures in this look. The skirt is velvet and the top feels all soft and silky. I stumbled upon the top in a charity shop last year. At the time I had no idea how I would wear it, but it was only a few euros and I liked the oriental vibes it had going on, so I picked it up. I'm glad I did, because I think these two pieces make a fun pairing, and something which is a bit different for me.

*Thanks to Alan for taking these photos.

4 comments:

  1. Love the velvety feel! So elegant looking.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mix of colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look stunning love the skirt and the top and just everything hihi

    Btw would you like to follow each other via GFC? Let me know in my blog.
    Lou of,steal-thestyle.blogspot.com ♥♥

    ReplyDelete