Monday, 14 April 2014

On the Road Again

This weekend was spent hopping around Donegal, scouting out the picturesque spots for my end-of-year photography project. The weather was far from ideal but we weren't letting that stop us. 'We' being my mum and Tommy, my friend and model-for-the-day. Here's a collection of photos from our trip.

How amazing is this old, run-down church? It was sort-of eerie walking around this abandoned building on such a stormy day... But it made for an interesting backdrop when taking style photos of Tommy's outfit.

I'm a little bit in love with symmetry in photography at the moment. Have you seen this video which shows Wes Anderson's obsession with centring shots? I'm pretty sure my new habit of putting the subject in the dead centre is inspired by this aspect of Wes Anderson's style.

I'm going to be somewhat sad when this photography project is all finished up and handed in, because it's been fun using it as an excuse to explore Ireland. Oh well, when I've completed it I'll be able to share the final photos. They'll be landscape shots with a twist and I'll be curious to see what you all think!

11 comments:

  1. Personally I love symmetry in photographs too. Not that I'm anywhere near a photographer myself but I just like the pictures better. Also, how cool is it that you get to travel around so much! Old buildings are the bomb in my opinion, haha.

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful to be able to travel so much! :)

      Delete
  2. These images are all beautiful! My favorite would have to be the last one, it's incredible. Thank you for sharing, it's really lovely.
    Nora=)
    The Hopelessly Optimisitc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog. Love your style.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know.

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Find the details here! xx

    http://louisekaterobertson.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I love your blog and have nominated you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. You can check out all the details on my blog. Good Luck!
    Nora=)
    The Hopelessly Optimisitc

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is this place it is so beautiful!? I too have an obsession of centering shots, which is funny because when i first started I was all about the rule of thirds hahaha. The second and last photograph are amazing. Loving the landscape!

    ReplyDelete