Saturday, 5 April 2014

Media Awards Season, The Look, and a Favour

On Thursday I got glammed up to attend the Hybrids, DCU Media Production Society's media awards, with my fingers and toes crossed. I hobbled over to the Helix (hey, it's difficult to walk with crossed toes) in my looks-fancier-than-it-is Penney's outfit. I was super excited for the night because I had entered my work into two categories and I couldn't wait to find out if my entries had been successful.

It was a great event, with a chance to network with Ireland's major media players at the wine reception before the actual awards ceremony, which was filled with laughs thanks to the hosts Dermot and Dave (from 98fm). And I am pleased to announce that The Look, the fashion magazine that I designed on behalf of DCU's Style Society, was shortlisted for the Publication Layout of the Year! I blogged about the first issue last year, but I have yet to share the final edition. So, with The Look getting a Hybrid shout-out, and with the Smedia awards* around the corner, this seems like the perfect time to show you my design work. Below are a few of my favourite pages from the magazine, and if you'd like to see how the whole thing came together, you can access the full magazine here.

*The Smedias are Ireland's student media awards, and The Look has been shortlisted for the People's Choice Award. It would be great if you could register with Oxygen and then give the magazine a vote.

And now for that favour: If you enjoy my blog it would be oh-so-lovely if you could nominate me for a Company Blog Award here, in the Best Personal Style Blog category. Thanks a million you gorgeous people! x

1 comment:

  1. very nice! love peppermint color :)
    I posted a new look, I'd love to know your opinion
    ----> tr3ndygirl fashion blog <----
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete