Saturday, 22 February 2014

1920s Photoshoot: Sparkles and Suits

Last month I had the pleasure of shooting the promotional photographs for the Style Society's 1920s themed ball! The location was Café En Seine, which is on Dawson Street in Dublin. I recommend checking it out if you're looking for a quirky place to have a coffee. I also found out recently that they also host speed dating nights - my friends and I are thinking of trying it out for the laughs. Apparently it's what people did in the olden days before Tinder? Haha.

Anyway, shooting this was a lot of fun, even though it was super stressful when the studio lights decided to malfunction as I tried to take the photo above. This was a damn nuisance because the photo of everyone together is the most important - it's the one which will be used for the promotional poster. Oh well, the lights (sort-of) worked in the end and I ended up with some photos that I'm pretty happy with. Check them out and let me know what you think!

Credits:
Photographer: Me!
Assistant Photographer: Rachel Quinn
Stylist: Jessica Gaffney

9 comments:

  1. you took these photos??! I am seriously impressed! you've captured some really magical moments! You must be so proud! great styling! what a fun shoot! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! The beaded dresses are really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs!! Stunning detail :)

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of the dresses are simply fashion master pieces.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgghh such beautiful pictures, those outfits are stunning!

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job! The outfits are so intricate, the boys look so dapper, and the girls are terribly glamorous. I love period themed photoshoots, it's hard though to get the costumes right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photography. All the images have an invisible theme which runs through them, they show the good vibe yet some element of seriousness. Nice.

    www.sewmodiste.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photographs, I recently got a flapper dress from the 1920's and I'd love to take photographs of it like these but frankly I'm terrified that I'll damage it! I love Dawson street! x
    fashionismyfirstlangauge.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete