Monday, 13 January 2014

ABC is for Alan's Birthday Cupcakes

Seeing as, among friends, I am famously a bit of a disaster in the kitchen, I best not pretend that these cupcakes were made from some special recipe which I customised myself. Nope, I just followed along with a plain old recipe which I found by bugging my Mum for a simple chocolate cupcake mix. It's a bit risky making cupcakes for Alan who is damn good baker himself, but oh well, I gave it a go anyway.

I'm a bit more happy with the cute letters which I made! To make them I cut letters out of red felt, stuck gold glitter onto it and stuck the felt onto little paper frames which I found by snooping in my Mum's scrapbooking kits. This was taped to a toothpick so that I could proudly display the letters on my cupcakes. You can see a bit of the glue around the edges of the glitter and the letters aren't exactly in proportion but I think that the imperfections add a little homemade quality to them. Or, maybe I'm just saying that to let myself off. Either way, here they are.

Anyway, that's all for now. Outfit post to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment