Monday, 17 December 2012

RAW Ramblings

I've known about the RAW file format for a while now, but I've been too afraid to try it out because I was unsure of how it worked. I decided to try it out today. I walked to the park to take a few random snaps; images that I wouldn't mind losing if I managed to wipe the card as I figured out how to shot in RAW.

Turns out that editing in RAW is pretty damn handy. My first impression is that I can completely correct the exposure and white balance. I will definitely be shooting more images in RAW in the future.

The only annoying thing is the amount of space it takes up on the memory card. Also, I shouldn't be so trigger happy when shooting solely in RAW, because it takes longer to sort out the RAW files than just JPEG ones.

In other news: I am officially on my Christmas break! Which means a month without lectures, and plenty of time to take more photographs... And fully indulge in the Christmas festivities too! I'm hoping to take more conceptual photos over the next few weeks, so check back here to see if it's a disaster or a sweet success! Maybe I'll do a festive themed photo set... 12 Photos of Christmas perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment