Saturday, 22 December 2012

Rabbit Hearted Girl

I find a lot of inspiration from Florence and the Machine lyrics. For my film photography assignment I based my photo set on the song 'Heartlines' (more on that when I get my grade).

Yesterday I decided to create a photograph inspired by the song 'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)'. So, here it is:

Here I am, a rabbit hearted girl // Frozen in the headlights // It seems I've made the final sacrifice

I felt a little ridiculous taking this shot, it's the first self portrait I've taken outside without someone else there to help out and make me feel less awkward. I was worried that a random dog walker would wander by and give me a strange look. I'd already passed one who seemed to internally question the reliably of her eyes as she saw me walk past with my eyeliner whiskers.

Once I got into the zone, though, I was much less self conscious. I'm happy enough with the result, maybe next I should take a photo of my self as a transformed person, the lion hearted girl.

I must become a lion hearted girl // Ready for a fight // Before I make the final sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment