Saturday, 3 November 2012

Practicing with the Pentax

It's been a while since I've updated this blog about the craic in my course, so here goes... In the photography module we are currently using film cameras, Pentax ones to be precise. And not only that: We are also learning how to develop and print our film in the darkroom!

Image source: zszphotocamera.blogspot.com

I took out a Pentax from Loans at DCU to get to grips with it, before I tackle the actual assignment. My Mum and Grandma are in Dublin for the weekend, so I've taken a few snaps of them embracing the atmosphere of the city. It is a little unfortunate that we are given black and white film for this assignment, seeing as they were both wearing coats that were identical reds, it is quite cute!

And there is still a chance to take more photos, as we are taking a trip to the Botanic Gardens before they head back to Donegal. I plan to bring both my Canon and the film camera, so hopefully I'll have some photos to share tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment