Monday, 28 May 2012

PRO Princess

I have abandoned this blog for too long! Tut tut to me. But now the summer has rolled around, and I have plenty of free time to keep this blog up to date.

So what have I been up to during the gap since I last posted? Well I've been elected as PRO for both Filmsoc and Fotosoc. Exciting! I had my eye on the Fotosoc position since I joined the society. So now as I have been elected (which wasn't too difficult seeing as I was the only volunteer!) I am going to try to get Fotosoc loads of new members next year and encourage people to be more dedicated to it as well.

While I had the goal of becoming PRO for Fotosoc, the Filmsoc endeavour was a surprise! Alan and I went to the Filmsoc EGM with the intention of watching the film that would be projected after the new positions had been filled. We both ended up being roped onto the committee! Not that I'm complaining, as I've said before, I have a ton of time during the academic year to get involved in society life. So I was given the title of PRO and Alan is a Coffee Bitch. And yes, that's his official title, one for his CV no doubt.

I tweeted about my new positions as PRO, and Kate, a lovely, soon-to-be graduate of DCU, dubbed me the 'PRO Queen'. I don't know about that. At this stage I think I'm more of a PRO Princess, innocent, excited and unsure of my duties. Maybe I'll be crowned the PRO queen next year, if I become a successful member of committee! We'll see, I suppose.

I am thrilled to be PRO for Fotosoc and Filmsoc, but I missed out on becoming PRO for the ever-brilliant MPS (Media Production Society). I stood up to say my 30 second speech like the other 15+ people going for one of the two positions but I didn't convince the audience. In some ways, this was for the best, as I would not have had the time to be PRO for both Fotosoc and Filmsoc if I'd been voted on as MPS PRO.

By the way, the photo is one I randomly took two years ago. I dislike putting up picture-less blog posts and prefer to use my own images in posts, so sometimes the link between the image and the post might be a little loose! Here I'm wearing a tiara, because I'm a PRO princess! Geddit?! Common sense tells me that if you have to devote a whole paragraph to explaining the reason for the image in a post then it is best to leave it out. Oh well, I've added it in for the sheer craic!

1 comment:

  1. BLOGGING BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx Im going to read through every last post on this thing by tonight!

    ReplyDelete